The landscape of technology is evolving constantly. The organizations that are able to use advanced data, machine learning, the Internet of Things, analytics, and many other digital technologies can stand in the competition and reach their success faster. There are some of the companies that are enabled to embrace these technologies. Some of the common tasks that are included in every product company are as follows:
- Products are not complete
- Cloud is new and can be used normally
- MVP approach fasten GTM
- The experience of the user is critical
- Decisions based on data-driven
- Scale with continuously changing technology landscape
So how you can ensure proper quality of work in the offshore projects
Proper vendor evaluation
- Portfolio analysis – In determining the long-term business association, existing portfolio analysis plays a very important role for potential offshore partners. The evaluation of various products that built by technology partners and also digital technologies leverage these products. The proper analysis of the portfolio includes the engagement and detailed case studies as well as for real-time view directly connect with the client.
- Testing practices – Testing Helps in providing break-free experience and also improve the market time. Always work with a good software development partner as they will timely notify you about the progress of your company as well as the bugs which you need to fix for achieving fast success and manage the development cycle properly. During the evaluation phase, you can easily find out the information on coding conventions, certifications, and practices. The manual testing tools include Unit testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, White box testing, etc. Automation testing is also a way that can be used with the help of various automation tools. The tools named Appium, Selenium, Seetest, Protractor, etc.
- Technical capability – The technical capability of the offshore partner should also measure and identify as it is equally important with the analysis of the nature and complexity of the project. Make sure that they can leverage CI and CD for faster release. In an offshore environment, lean processes and Agile practice is important for making the business successful.
It is important to check attributes to determine code quality. Check if the vendor is okay from the beginning to share the code. Many of the cases here at Appradius we work closely with the CTOs of the startups and when required with the technical team of the client and always remain transparent. That is very much necessary to create long term relationships and give the client peace of mind.
- The readability of the code should be good and self-explanatory. The testing team should write the code with best practices keeping in mind. The things which they need to check is that the format of code is proper and it must be read easily as well as not consists of unnecessary repetition so that management and optimization of code become easy.
- The code should be maintained properly and easy to understand. There are some development projects that are not good in nature and if it consists of the offshore team working then it can be even more difficult to make the working smooth and flexible. The code context should be easily understandable.
- We have discussed earlier that a good code will be self-explanatory but it can be more understandable if you add some comments of roles and functions.
For achieving better success in business communication is the best key for successful offshore development. The two pillars of every offshore project are communication and transparency. For achieving time to time delivery of the products regular communication and feedback are very important. The tools that help in audio and video conferencing like Google hangouts, Skype, etc., provide a great experience.
Setting clear expectation regarding quality output
The high productivity of the project will be clearly consisting of exact expectations. The company should set clear expectations of the quality of the product.
Proper post-release testing
Testing will not only play a crucial role when the product is prepared and manufactured while it also plays a major role when the product goes live. When you release any new feature it will directly affect the product and on its demand. Always do rigorous testing of your products if they on a live platform. This will help in fixing the bugs and increase productivity as well.
Vendor always test it mainly do smoke testing, but User acceptance testing(UAT) is very much important to ensure the software is working as expected.